Though no Dive Boat can guarantee zero risks, we are implementing policies to help manage and reduce the threat of spreading COVID-19. The final note in the COVID-19 chapter is with the vaccine. Between now and when everyone has been vaccinated let’s all please help and be kind to one another through this time period and work together to end the pandemic.
Our loading times and departure times will remain the same as on the online calendar. Parking permits are only accessible from the Parking Ticket Machines located in the waterfront parking lot.
To help everyone there will be no cancellation fees levied at this time on short notice if you are not feeling well or concerned you may have been exposed to COVID-19. If you don’t feel quite right, please do not come, no questions asked. Just call us at 408-234-8445 so we can best plan ahead Please follow these very important proactive procedures:
Do not go diving if you have or may have been exposed to any infectious diseases or are experiencing any symptoms. Please self-isolate until healthy and have been cleared to dive according to your health care professional. If your temperature is 100.4F or above you are required to cancel and will be turned away from boarding the vessel. Do not go diving if you are in a high-risk group.
Please come down to the boat to load with your FACE MASK on, if you do not, your actions signal to us you are not taking “our” requirements regarding COVID-19 seriously.
Fully suit up in your wet or dry suit before coming on board.
- Bring and wear your face covering that covers your mouth and nose to the Beachhopper II and it is to be worn when not on SCUBA, hydrating, or snacking.
- We will be practicing social distancing by creating spaces between each diver. We are certified to run with 11 divers and 3 crew however, at this time we will be operating with a maximum of 8 divers and 2 crew. You along with your personal gear will be instructed when loading where you will be located. Please keep your personal items confined to this area. Sanitize/wash your hands often. A hand sanitizer is provided on the vessel.
- Any materials not needed for the dive operations or for safety reasons should not be taken on board.
- Consider protecting masks, snorkels, and second stages/mouthpieces by securing them in such a way as to limit contact/exposure.
- Boarding procedures will be organized to respect social distancing.
- 2. Avoid touching anything unnecessarily and to avoid touching your face.
- 3. Divers are not to share equipment.
- 4. Maintain social distancing while divers enter the water, and ensure that divers do not crowd together on the surface without a compelling reason to do so.
The Beachhopper II crew is looking forward to seeing you on your next charter